- Starting from May 2013, the RES Exam Format will include a new Case Study Section in both Paper 1 and 2 in the form of multiple choice questions. Both Paper 1 and 2 will adopt the same format as follows:
- 2 papers each (2 ½ hours per paper)
- Paper 1 comprising of the following:
- Section A : 50 MCQs (50 marks)
- Section B : 15 MCQs with reference to 1 or 2 and Case Studies (30 marks)
- Section C : 10 Fill-in-the-blank and Short Answer Questions (20 marks)
- Paper 2: Same format as Paper 1
- With effect from the July 2011 RES examination, modular passing will be allowed. Candidates who have passed either Paper 1 or Paper 2 need to retake only their failed Paper from the August 2011 RES examination onwards. Upon passing the remaining Paper, the candidate will be considered as having passed the RES examination and will be subsequently issued an RES Exam Certificate. The candidate must submit the salesperson registration application through and with support of a licensed estate agent within 2 years of the date of issue of the final results. Otherwise, the results will be invalid for registration purposes.
- Candidates who fail both Papers will need to retake the RES exam as a fresh candidate; i.e. need to take Paper 1 and 2 in single sitting in their next attempt. Modular passing will apply only if the candidate has passed one Paper. There shall be no retrospective consideration of results from earlier RES examinations taken from Jan to Jun 2011.
Important Note: There is no change to the examination requirement for RES course participants to pass the RES examination within 2 years from the date of issuance of the Certificate of Completion of RES Course. If they are unable to pass the remaining Paper within the 2-year timeframe, they will have to re-take the RES course and take the full RES examination i.e. both Papers 1 and 2.
Duration of Examination
- Paper 1: 2.5 hrs
- Paper 2: 2.5 hrs
Successful candidates must apply for registration with CEA within 24 months of the date of issuance of the examination certificate after which, results will be invalid for licensing and registration purposes.
- $246.10 (Incl. GST) for 2 Papers
- $149.80 (Incl. GST) for 1 Paper
Result and Certificate
With effect from the July 2011 RES examination, modular passing will be allowed. The results for July 2011 RES examination onwards will be in one of the following formats:
- Pass (P)
- Fail (F)
- Pass Paper 1; Fail Paper 2 (P1 F2)
- Fail Paper 1; Pass Paper 2 (F1 P2)
The RES examination results are released 2 – 3 weeks after the examination is held. The process may be extended due to other relating factors such as the number of candidates taking the examination. A certificate will be issued to successful candidate. No replacement certificates will be re-printed for lost certificates, only a letter of confirmation of qualification attained will be issued upon formal request made. The exam fees paid do not cover the delivery of the certificate to the candidate.