What is SkillsFuture
SkillsFuture is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life, regardless of their starting points. Through this movement, the skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore’s next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society.
No matter where you are in life – schooling years, early career, mid-career or silver years – you will find a variety of resources to help you attain mastery of skills. Skills mastery is more than having the right paper qualifications and being good at what you do currently; it is a mindset of continually striving towards greater excellence through knowledge, application and experience. With the help of the SkillsFuture Council, education and training providers, employers, unions – you can own a better future with skills mastery and lifelong learning. Your skills. Your asset. Your future.
SkillsFuture Credit Course Directory
What is UTAP?
UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) is an individual skills upgrading account specially for NTUC members. As a member, you enjoy UTAP funding at 50% of the unfunded course fee capped at $250 every year.
From January 2016, every Singaporean aged 25 years and above will be given a SkillsFuture Credit account with an initial $500 to pay towards their personal skills development and training.
On top of the Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) for NTUC members, Singaporeans can also use SkillsFuture Credit to defray their costs of training and skills upgrading.
How UTAP with SkillsFuture Credit can help you defray your training costs:
You wish to take up training to make career progression:
|WSQ Certificate in Workplace
Safety & Health
|WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace
Safety & Health
|Full Course Fees:||$2,600*||$4,100*|
|Course Fee Payable:||$260||$410|
*course fees are only for illustration purposes and may be subjected to changes
Terms & Conditions:
To be eligible for UTAP, all you need to do is meet the following conditions:
- Maintained paid-up NTUC membership before course, throughout course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP and training must commence within the supported period
- Unfunded course fee must not be fully sponsored by company or other types of funding
- Unfunded course fee must be S$20.00 and above
- Member must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be made within 6 months after course ends
How to apply for UTAP?
Step 1: Click on ‘Search Course’ under the Skills Upgrade Available tab to find out if your course & training provider is supported under UTAP. You should also check on the SkillsFuture Credit portal if your course is approved for credit use (visit www.skillsfuture.sg/credit for more information).
Step 2: Register for course with training provider and attend training. For course information and enrolment, please contact the training provider.
Step 3: Login to your U Portal account to submit your UTAP application. Please apply for your UTAP claimwithin 6 months after course end. Late applications will be rejected.
- Members are encouraged to use UTAP first to optimize your funding options. As UTAP is given on calendar year basis, and calculated based on year of training taken, it cannot be accumulated.
- To support your UTAP claim, you may be requested by us to submit a copy of your course certificate/tax invoice/statement of attendance via e-mail. Please ensure that you have kept supporting documents for audit checks when necessary.
- Before applying for UTAP, please also ensure your training commences within the supported period. Application of UTAP on training that starts after the expiry date will be rejected.
- Please also check www.skillsfuture.sg/credit for terms & conditions, claim procedures and timeline.
- Only Ordinary Branch (OB), General Branch (GB) and OB/UCLUB members who are paying $117/year will be eligible.
- For U Associate members, please check with your respective associations or training provider for more information.